Infection Prevention Measures
In order to keep your health & safety the #1 priority, please read through the clinic’s Infection Prevention Policy prior to your in-person visit.
Screening will be conducted both actively and passively before your visit
- You will receive an emailed questionnaire through your patient portal which must be completed prior to your appointment. If you are unable to access your email, please inform the office and we will complete this questionnaire over the phone.
- Upon arriving at the office, there will be a passive screening via a sign on the door which must be read prior to entering.
- Once in the office, a final screening will be conducted by Dr. Nicole.
Each screening will involve a series of questions to determine if you are at risk of COVID-19. Please note that your visit will be deferred if you screen positive for COVID-19 and will be referred to a testing centre. No cancellation fee will be applied if you are unable attend your visit for this reason.
Due to the size of the clinic, physical distancing will not be possible at all points during the visit. You will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the visit (health conditions permitting). We require that you bring your own mask as PPE supplies are limited at this time.
Only the patient will be permitted into the office, with the exception of a parent/guardian if the patient is a child or a caregiver for patients who require their support. Please note the waiting room will be closed. We ask that any additional visitors remain at home or wait outside of the building.
When you arrive for your appointment, you will notice 3 signs on the door and the office door will be locked.
- Please complete the screening questionnaire, answering honestly.
- Check in for your appointment by scanning the QR code on the sign or calling 647-309-4723.
- Prior to entering the office, please put on your mask.
- You will be required to sanitize your hands upon entry and a final screening will be conducted by Dr. Nicole.
The remainder of your visit will be conducted normally, with additional safety measures in place.
While in-person visits will be available as needed, virtual appointments (via video conferencing or phone) will still be the preferred choice for visits. In-person visits will be conducted when:
- Physical exams are required (ie. well-child visits, blood pressure monitoring, etc.)
- Acupuncture is being conducted
- The visit is unable to be conducted virtually
You will notice that the clinic looks a little different – these changes are in accordance with the Ministry of Health guidelines to keep you safe.
- The door remains locked and the waiting room is closed.
- In-person visits will be separated by 30 minutes to provide sufficient time for sanitization.
- All surfaces (tables, chairs, doors, etc.) and high-touch areas as well as all medical equipment used will be thoroughly disinfected before and after each visit.
- Non-essential items (magazines, colouring books, toys) and the refreshment station have been removed.
- Fabric surfaces (chairs, linens) have been changed for more sanitization-friendly options.
- A plexiglass barrier will be between the patient and staff and all required PPE will be worn, as necessary.